This guide is for OpenCart 4, if you are running OpenCart 3, please see the guide here
Download the extension
First, you need to download the extension. You can do this two ways:
1a. Download from OpenCart marketplace
1b. Download from out GitHub repo
Download the extension here: https://github.com/fena-co/fena-opencart4.0-gateway-v2.0
Please note: If you have downloaded the extension from our GitHub repo, then you need to rename the extension such that it ends with filename.ocmod.zip
Upload and install the extension
Next, you need to upload the extension.
2. Navigate to extensions > Installer > Upload the file
Please note: The extension will be called fena.ocmod.zip - if you have downloaded it more than once then it might include a number in the name e.g. fena.ocmod (5).zip. If this is the case, please delete old versions from your downloads folder and rename the latest version as fena.ocmod.zip
3. Once uploaded, you will see the file displayed in the Installer. Hit the green ‘+’ button to install the extension
4. Navigate to Extensions, and select the extension type “Payments”.
5. After selecting this, the fena extension will display in the list. You now need to install the payment method by clicking the green ‘+’ button
Set-up the extension
6. Once installed, you need to configure the plugin:
7. Installation requires a terminal ID and terminal secret to be generated and inputted.
8. To generate this, you need to login/register for fena
To generate the ID and secret, you need a fena account. If you don’t have one, you can sign-up at https://business.fena.co/register/. Detailed sign-up instructions can be found here.
9. Once your account is verified, add a new integration
10. Then hit ‘+ New website or app’ and fill in the following fields:
1. Website / App Name: With the name of your shop
2. Webhook / Payment Notification URL: Go back to the configuration page in OpenCart and copy the value next to Payment Notification URL (see screenshot below). Then, paste it here.
3. Redirect URL: Go back to the configuration page in OpenCart and copy the value next to Redirect URL (see screenshot below). Then, paste it here.
4. Select the bank account you want linked to your OpenCart store
5. Decide whether or not you'd like to receive payment notifications for payments
6. Decide if you want this to be a live integration or a test/sandbox integration*
7. Click ‘Create’
*If you want to test the plugin without making any live transactions, follow the same steps but after selecting your bank account, make sure the “Live” option is unticked. Just be aware when you want to go live you’ll need to add a new, live integration. Detailed instructions can be found here.
11. Copy over your terminal ID and secret to OpenCart
Open the integration you created in the previous step. Just click into it and copy and paste the terminal ID and terminal secret from fena into the Terminal ID and Terminal Secret fields in OpenCart
12. Map the fena payment statuses to OpenCart Order statuses
- Paid status - this is the payment status we return when the payment is completed successfully
- Rejected status - if the payment is rejected, either by the bank or by your customer (for example if they want to use another payment method) we return a rejected payment status
Just click on the dropdown next to the field and select the status you want to correspond to the fena payment status:
13. Make sure it’s all saved and your done
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article